Thursday, May 08, 2008

Day twenty

How did this happen? This is the penultimate day. When I first started this day seemed almost so far away it seemed risiculous, and yet here we are. We're in Alan's arclite studio in Latmier road (west london again, it feels so good). A late start and everyone is in a good mood again after the trials of the previous night. We rattle though scenes, and everything feels good. James, one of the investors comes down, so I sit him in my seat to watch a couple of takes. He seems happy with what he sees, I think he's enjoying wathcing other people get stressed working for a change. It's great to have him down as I really want him to see that his money is being well, and responsibly, spent.

We get a huge chunk done, then head over the road for a quick beer. There's an end of term feel, everyone knows tomorrow is the last day even though the call sheets still list saturday as being a work day. It's going to be very odd finishing. Firstly I never imagined getting here, there was always so much work I only ever imagined what the last week would feel like not the last day, and also it's going to be strange not seeing all the crew. Everyone has been great, from the runners to the heads of departments, I really couldn't ask for a better group, and having spent a (long) four weeks with them all I can't really get my head round the idea of not seeing them all the day after tomorrow.

The solution of course is to get the money for the next film double quick and hire them all again. The script is ready. Think I may have to have a lie down first though beofre undertaking this again. And finish editing this one. And find a way to pay my rent.

Very much looking forward to drinks after we wrap tomorrow. Think I may get drunk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home