Monday, May 02, 2005

Blue Monday

Yesterday Kearney and I went out to Greenford and found a list of potential locations. One in particualr looks great. Went to see the local estate agent and he said the house was empty and we could rent it for four days. He'll call tomorrow at ten to confirm.

Then I managed to get a sound man. Felix is a friend of Craig, who owns the edit suite we're going to use. Well that's some good news at least.

The real problem is being the camera. Spoke to Vicky at Arri, who were happy to offer us the same deal as Panavision, but then found out they had no spare cameras. Rang every hire company I could think of and the answer was the same, no kit available. I thought shooting over a bank holiday weekend was a stroke of genius. No one in their right mind would schedule then, what with time and a half and all that. How wrong I was. Everyone is shooting this weekend. So much for the downturn in the British film industry.

The only glimmer of hope is a company called VMI, and a very helpful man in bookings called Richie, who says he'll chase up the pencils on their kit and see what he can do. A little bit of me thought of cancelling the shoot, but I know if I do this we won't get everyone together again for months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home