Monday, October 30, 2006

All our money worries are over

Received an email this morning from the wife of former Palestinian president Yasser Arrafat, telling me she needed my help in recovering his money from a swiss bank account. Not only would this be a nice thing to do, she is also prepared to pay me 20% of the amount, somewhere in the region of 5 million USD, for my help. Which is very nice of her. So that's this film and the next four all paid for then. I wonder how she got my email address.

While I ponder this I go to a talk by Christine Vachon, head of most wonderful Killer films. It's a good talk, even if the general atmosphere is a little sycophantic. Buyt copy of her new book. She opens up the first page and, pen in hand, stares up at me. I've no idea what she wants, I've paid for the book, so I just stare back. Finally she says "So who do you want me to make it out to", and I feel like an idiot. Mumble my name, when what I should have asked her to write was "Of course I'll produce your film".

I've made another copy of the script, well just the rehearsal scenes. It's good to read them as a continuous piece without the interruption of flashbacks. I'm just going to work on them like this for a bit so that everything that happens in the rehearsal feels real rather than as a reaction to something else. Glad to hear Christine Vachon say that Boys don't cry went through over twenty drafts. So that gives me nine more goes to get it right, or it's hangman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home