Thursday, January 03, 2008

New year, new post

I'm determined to try and post more often on this thing. Not just because I've discovered that there are a couple of people reading it, but because I want to make sure I can look back and find out exactly when everything happened. Everything is already becoming a bit of a blur, and it's only going to get worse.

So, update so far. Budget still at in limbo, still waiting for a line producer to sign it off. Hope they're quick as we've already got some of the investment (esp one bit which is coming from a very well known band, but would never divulge exactly who the investors are). Also have a casting agent, Sue Jones, who cast Nil by Mouth, which is a film I love, if that's the right word. Have ideas about some of the cast, and will be offering roles to actors in next couple of weeks.

Most importantly we now have a sales agent, Moviehouse entertainment. We approached them because of their experience selling rock and roll documentaires worldwide, and are very glad they've come on board. Got another meeting with them on tuesday, so fingers crossed will have more of an idea then. Their plan is to release a trailer of the film at Cannes, which wuold be great, but means we've got to stick to a march / april shoot date. That's possible if we get the rest of the investment soon. It's looking good, but to be honest Christmas came at just the wrong time, taking out some of the momentum, and making people sluggish in the new year. Hopefully everyone will be back at work from Monday and we can get quicker replies from people.

Best of all will be the ability to resign from my job soon. The budget will pay simon and I for three months, one month pre, one month production and one month post. By then I'll either be dead, terrified, unemployable or any combination of the three. But at least I won't be making corporates anymore. The thought of making the film terrifies me on a regular basis, but I have to keep reminding myself it's just like making lots of short films all in one big go.

I'm hoping the drink will calm everything down.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home