Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Trouble in the edit

First big problem rears its head today, the editor we hired for the film just isn't up to the job. Actually, that's a lie, he's fine, but I know he starts his day reading this blog so I thought I'd shit him up for a laugh.

We continued with the first cut today, and it all appears to be working. I thought the first club scene, where Neil and Stevie go to see Betty and the Werewolves, might be a bit tricky, but by just sticking with long shots, especially ones that make you feel you're on stage, the scene cuts really well. Think we get a good version of the woodland scene as well, and by the end of the day we're about ready to start on the recording studio. If the rest of the edit goes this well I'll be very happy.

Trying not to look back at cuts too much as I don't want to keep fine tuning a scene only to find out that in the big scheme of things, ie when running as a feature, the scene needs more air. We're still being a little generous, so when we watch this cut back it may well be that it sags in areas or seems overlong, but hopefully that will then be a case of cutting blocks of dialogue out rather than recutting the whole scene from scratch.

I say hopefully but in reality I have no idea if this will work or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home