Friday, August 26, 2005

Never again shall I make jokes about the good people of the West Country. The Brief Encounters festival in Bristol say on their website that if you haven't heard from them by today then your film hasn't been accepted. By three O'clock I've given up, then suddenly an email appears. I open it up and it's worded just like a rejection, but with a link to a pdf of the accepted films. I click on this without much hope, but much to my surprise there we are. Even more of a surprise is the fact that there are two other films called home. If all three of the films turn out to be backwards films about homeless people then that really will be something.

So that makes it one acceptance and one rejection for the film, and all of a sudden everything is rosy again. No cats shall be kicked on the way home, old women will be helped across the road and I may even be polite to people in the office. Well, maybe I'll wait for another couple of festival acceptances before going that far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home