Monday, May 02, 2005

24 hours to go

Finally get through to Richie. They have a spare 750 kit.

Hurray.

He didn't hear the bit about "we have no money" when I first spoke to him.

Boo.

The MD of VMI sends me a form to fill in for assistance from VMI. It's about six pages long. I'm half way through filling it in when a woman rings from the HD department at VMI saying that they don't have a kit. I consider buying a cat just so I can kick it. I try and ring Richie again but he's on a business lunch untill three.

Send the form off. Ring again. And again. And again. Finally a man called Mark says that he'll look into it. Seriously running out of time now. At four Mark rings me and tells me there is a kit spare, Richie had pencilled it under my name. They can't give it for free, but they do offer me a ridiculously good deal on it. It's more than we wanted to pay, but at this stage in the day it's an HD camera, and I so don't want to shoot DSR (or do I?) that, after a quick chat with Kearney I say yes. We have akit, and we can pick it up tomorrow at nine thirty.

Change call time to one for tomorrow just in case and go to watch first leg of the Champions league semi final. Tough draw for the Blue. Damn scousers.

Go to bed, because tomorrow, against all odds, we start filming. I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home