Wednesday, July 09, 2008

If you don't cry



Is of course the title of a song by the Magnetic Fields. It's also a line we in the film, a reference that Stevie spots and mentions. But it was one of those lines that worked well on paper but not so well read out loud, so it got cut. But tonight I went to see the Magnetic Fields in concert, and I feel guilty for cutting it. So I'm marking it down in the book of things to try next time we're in the edit suite (this book is starting to fill up now).

Of more pressing concern is a meeting with the sales agent next week when they want to discuss a timetable for showing the films to distributors. My answer of 'when it's finished' was deemed not precise enough. They also said they would take us out to lunch (though I'm sure they'll charge this back to us at some point, I would). They are, however, the fourth people to say they're going to take us out for lunch in the last few weeks, and as yet no lunch has been forthcoming. So I'm going to keep my fingers crossed they're first, I'm starving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home