Wednesday, October 22, 2008

More festivalness

The weekend was quiet after the premiere, just what I needed. Monday, however, and it all started again. Had to go to the Hospital (swanky club not A&E) with Simon to do a panel discussion for aspiring film makers. It was quite odd, but fun, the questions all seemed good, it just seemed a little weird to be being held up as an example of how to do something. To celebrate afterwards we all went to a drinks reception, which then moved on to the buyers and sellers party at soho house. Not sure how I got home.

The next day and I'm determined to do tihngs a little quieter. I meet up with scriptwriter jeremy drysdale for a quick pint, then head over to the NFT to apologize to Nick Abrahams for missing the screening of his film. Have drinks with him, meet up with some other people and somehow find myself dragged off to the party for Vicky Christina Barcelona, the new woody allen film. At aprty I drink more but manage to meet Shane Meadows and Atom Egoyan, which is excellent. Drink even more and once again end up unsure of how I got home.

I'm staying in tonight.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another review here:

http://www.awardswatch.fest21.com/en/
blog/londonfilmfestival/lff_1234

7:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure if you're already aware of these as I'm sure you're looking out for reviews yourself, but I found a couple so thought I'd post them here:

http://www.shadowsonthewall.co.uk/08
/i-j.htm

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/features
/From-confrontation-to-pop-dedication.
4602085.jp

1:30 pm  
Blogger and large said...

Have no fear, searching the Internet for reviews is the first thing we do every morning. Overall they've been excellent, far more than we dared hope for. The Empire review was a particular favourite, and I enjoyed Variety saying I was a director to monitor, I just hope they didn't mean monitor in a sex pest type way.

6:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home