Friday, July 25, 2008

Waiting

There's nothing else to do and it's driving us mad. One public body and three companies are looking at the film and considering if they wamt to get involved, and until one of them says yes (or all four say no) there is absolutely nothing we can do. We don't need to do much more to the film, but it would be good to just get on with it, but there are so many different ways (and costs) to complete the film we have to just wait until we know which is the best option. And I'm not very good at waiting.

On the plus side a better quality version of the trailer should be going up on the main website this weekend, at least that's the theory, followed, we hope, by cast biogs and more general info. I'm spending some of today trying to come up with some more things to do for the marketing of the film. I thought doing all the general paraphenalia you get with a band would be good, button badges, tour T shirts, that kind of thing. It's probably way too early to think about these things, but at least it stops me checking my email every 15 seconds to see if anyone has got back to us.

Also we have a composer working on some ideas for incidental music. As I normally hate incidental music I'm really looking forward to hearing what he's come up with. Now I have to try and not smash my computer up in frustration before he sends something over.

Next week I'm meeting up with a guy called Jon who is making a documentary on the Oxford music scene and I'm really looking forward to seeing how his cut is going. Having been involved in that music scene for years it will be very interesting to see what everyone has to say about it. Then, the day after that, I'm meeting up with a guy who's doing a documentary on Iggy Pop, who wants me to look at some early cuts. The most important thing here is to talk this viewing into the oportunity to ocme along and film some stuff with him. After all, we're using a Stooges song in the film so it's only right and proper that I get to fulfill one of my dreams and meet Iggy Pop. Well, that's the angle I'm taking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home