Sunday, October 26, 2008

London calling

More parties and more screenings. Had our second screening at the Roxy in Brixton. I didn't go but was there at the end and there seemed to be positive mumblings as far as I could hear. Somewhere in the audience was a journalist from Screen International, so here's hoping general audience laughter will have had a positive effect on him. After that it was dinner with the family then off to a party for British directors, where I chatted to Nick Abrahams and Sallie Aprahamian which, as Mark Williams used to say, was nice.

Next day I got to see Vicky Christina Barcelona, which I was really unsure about seeing but loved, and then it was off to introduce our final screening at the NFT studio. It was a great place to have our final screening as almost a year ago (I'll have to go and check the diary, if I can be arsed) we screened Home in the NFT studio at a Shooting People evening, and now here we were showing the feature. Later we went to see Telstar (Mathew Baynton's in it) and while we were queueing up to go in a couple came over and told us how much they'd enjoyed the film. It's little things like this that make the whole festival exposure really worthwhile.

And finally, just when it appeared things couldn't get any better, we went to the Che party at Aisa di Cuba. Everyone there was trying to chat to Benicio del Toro, but I didn't care about meeting him because I got to shake hands with Paul Simonon of the Clash, who was also there. Meeting him may well have been the highlight so far. How can you not be impressed at meeting someone who smashed his bass on stage in such a brilliant way?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home